Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet - Plus Model
Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet - Plus Model
|Part #||Color||Size||Metric||Cat. Pg.||Tare Weight||UPS||Freight Class|
Frequently Asked Questions
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus has a lower profile (28”), is forkliftable and less expensive.
If you have a need for a larger sump capacity or a greater weight capacity, then the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet may be a better option for you.
According to the Federal Regulations (40 CFR 264.175), you can store an IBC with a capacity of up to 365 gallons. However, local regulations can be more stringent so it is important to contact your local authorities to ensure compliance.
Yes, there are forklift pockets on two sides of the pallet.
It is not recommended.
The pallet has an 8,500 lb. capacity. This is for uniformly distributed loads. An IBC that is supported by pedestal post or feet focuses all of its weight on those feet. If the dimensions of those feet is not large enough to properly displace the weight on the spill pallet’s grating, it could be an issue. As a precaution, steel plates (at least 12″ x 12″) can be used under the feet in order to more evenly distribute the weight over a greater area. If you have any concerns about your IBCs weight, please contact us at 800-353-1611 / 904-292-1611.
The pallet is shipped via truck on an oversized wooden pallet to avoid damage in transit. We can stack them up to 3 high.
Our pallets are made of 100% polyethylene which provides superior chemical compatibility and corrosion resistance.
Because of the potential weight of two fully loaded IBCs we would recommend that you use the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet instead. It is capable of safely handling up to 16,000 lbs. (UDL).
Yes, the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus is available either with a drain (Part# 1158) or without a drain (Part# 1157).
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus is made of 100% polyethylene so it won’t rust or corrode. It also has UV inhibitors so it will last for many years in the sunlight without degrading. HOWEVER, the biggest consideration for using the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus outside is rain. If the sump is filled (even partially) with rainwater, it has lost or reduced its capacity to capture a spill from the IBC that’s on top of it. There are a few ways to address this issue:
- Place the IBC and the pallet somewhere where there is a roof/shade or some other form of overhead protection to keep the rain and elements out.
- Use the optional pull over cover (Part #1159) and place it over the IBC and pallet.
- Instead of purchasing the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus, buy the Ultra-IBC Hard Top which has a built-in rigid polyethylene cover.
- Add an Ultra-Self Bailer to the spill pallet sump. This unit will allow clean water to pass through while filtering out any gas, oil or other hydrocarbons.
Yes, the Ultra-Bucket Shelf is an excellent complement to the pallet. It slides securely into built-in grooves in the side of the pallet and captures any incidental leaks or spills that may occur when liquids are being dispensed from your IBCs. If you order the bucket shelf at the same time as your pallet we will also install a bulkhead fitting so that any liquids that are captured are directed into the pallet’s sump.
The columns provide the internal support and there is a correct way for them to be installed. If you do not have instructions or have any questions, please contact us.
More Info / Downloads
- Product Data Sheet: IBC Spill Pallet Plus
- Product Data Sheet: Bucket Shelf
- Chemical Compatibility
- Care & Maintenance
- Press Release - New Product Protects Tanks and Other Large Containers from Catastrophic Spills
- Uniformly Distributed Load Explained
- IBC Spill Containment Comparison
- The Path to the Perfect Product
- The Advantages of Rotomolding
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act (SPCC)
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416011579 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus IBC Plus Without Drain (Part #1157)
- UPC 808416011586 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus IBC Plus With Drain (Part #1158)
- UPC 808416011609 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus Ultra-Bucket Shelf (Part #1160)
- UPC 808416011593 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus Pull Over Cover (Part #1159)