Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet - Standard Model - Part # 1057
Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet - Standard Model
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a need for a larger sump capacity or a greater weight capacity, then the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet may be a better option for you.
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus has a lower profile (28”), is forkliftable and less expensive.
According to the Federal Regulations (40 CFR 264.175), you can store an IBC with a capacity of up to 400 gallons. However, local regulations can be more stringent so it is important to contact your local authorities to ensure compliance.
No, there are no forklift pockets in the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet. It is recommended that the unit is moved on the wooden pallet that it is shipped on. The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet Plus is forkliftable and may be a suitable alternative.
Our pallets are made of 100% polyethylene which provides superior chemical compatibility and corrosion resistance.
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet is capable of safely handling up to 16,000 lbs. (UDL), so weight is not likely to be an issue. However, it is strongly recommended that local and Federal regulations be reviewed to ensure compliance with containment capacity requirements.
Yes, you can order our spill pallet either with a drain (Part# 1058) or without a drain (Part# 1057).
The Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet is made of 100% polyethylene so it won’t rust or corrode. It also has UV inhibitors so it will last for many years in the sunlight without degrading. HOWEVER, the biggest consideration for using an Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet outside is rain. If the sump is filled (even partially) with rainwater, it has lost or reduced its capacity to capture a spill from the IBC that’s on top of it. There are a few ways to address this issue:
- Place the IBC and the pallet somewhere where there is a roof/shade or some other form of overhead protection to keep the rain and elements out.
- Instead of purchasing the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet, buy the Ultra-IBC Hard Top which has a built-in rigid polyethylene cover.
- Add an Ultra-Self Bailer to the Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet sump. This unit will allow clean water to pass through while filtering out any gas, oil or other hydrocarbons.
The pallet has a 16,000 lb. capacity. This is for uniformly distributed loads. An IBC that is supported by pedestal post or feet focuses all of its weight on those feet. If the dimensions of those feet are not large enough to properly displace the weight on the spill pallet’s grating, it could be an issue. As a precaution, steel plates (at least 12″ x 12″) can be used under the feet in order to more evenly distribute the weight over a greater area. If you have any concerns about your IBCs weight, please contact us at 800-353-1611 / 904-292-1611.
More Info / Downloads
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG)
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416010572 Ultra-IBC Spill Pallet No Drain (Part #1057)