Ultra-Overpack Salvage Drum
Ultra-Overpack Salvage Drums
|Part #||Color||Size||Metric||Cat. Pg.||Tare Weight||UPS||Freight Class|
||95 Gal.||360 L||59
||Yellow||65 Gal.||246 L||59||40||N
|0585||Yellow||30 Gal.||113.5 L||59||15
|0587||Yellow||20 Gal.||76 L||59||12
Frequently Asked Questions
Put simply, overpacks are used to protect non-leaking packages and salvage drums are used with leaking or defective containers.
Salvage drums look almost identical to overpacks, but they are stronger and meet even more stringent performance requirements than overpacks. When containers are placed in salvage drums, they must be surrounded with absorbents that are capable of soaking up any leaks that could occur during shipment.
Sometimes, a container is dual-rated as both an overpack and a salvage drum, and may be labeled as an “overpack salvage drum.” When a container of this type is ready to be shipped, the inappropriate marking should be removed. For example, if it contains an intact container, the words “salvage drum” should be removed or indelibly covered. After that, the proper shipping name, orientation labels and the appropriate word – “overpack” or “salvage drum” – must be written or attached to the container.
The overpacks are made from low-density polyethylene.
You would need a 95-gallon Ultra-Overpack Salvage Drum for a 55-gallon drum. The 65-gallon size is designed for use with 30-gallon drums.
The UN markings on Ultra-Overpack Salvage Drums can tell you things such as what type of hazmat can be shipped, the material the overpack is made of and the year and country of manufacture. For more information click here.
The slots in the overpack lids are designed to be used with 2×4 wooden beams. By sliding the 2×4 into those slots, it is much easier to apply torque on the lids to ensure that they are tightened the required amount. Please note that the use of a 2×4 is NOT required and lids can be tightened by hand.
- 95-Gallon overpack salvage drum: 228 (floor loaded)
- 65-Gallon overpack salvage drum: 252 (floor loaded)
- 30-Gallon overpack salvage drum: 624 (24 per pallet)
- 20-Gallon overpack salvage drum: 1,040 (40 per pallet)
More Info / Downloads
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- DOT Salvage Drums, 49 CFR 173.3(c)
- EPA Hazardous Waste Discharges 40 CFR 263.30
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416005806 Ultra-Overpack Plus 95-Gallon (For use with 55-gallon drums) (Part #0580)
- UPC 808416005820 Ultra-Overpack Plus 65-Gallon (For use with 30-gallon drums) (Part #0582)
- UPC 808416005851 Ultra-Overpack Plus 30-Gallon (For use with 16-gallon drums) (Part #0585)
- UPC 808416005875 Ultra-Overpack Plus 20-Gallon (For use with 5-gallon drums) (Part #0587)
- UPC 808416004175 Steel Dolly Dolly (Part #0417)