Ultra-Sidewinder Cable - Protection System
Ultra-Sidewinder Cable Protection System
|Part #||Color||Size||Metric||Cat. Pg.||Tare Weight||UPS||Freight Class|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we can do custom colors to match your company/school theme, etc. Minimums apply. Please contact us.
The small Ultra-Sidewinder is ADA compliant. We offer a ramp to go over the medium and large sizes in order to make them compliant with ADA regulations.
The patented design of the Ultra-Sidewinder allows it to curve and turn to better accommodate walls, furniture, and other obstructions. Unlike other cord covers/protectors that are long and straight, the Ultra-Sidewinder can be used both in straight configurations as well as with curves making it much more versatile and user-friendly. The modular design of the Ultra-Sidewinder also makes it unique. The quick, no-tools, “snap-on” construction allows multiple units to be quickly connected. The small sections mean you can get very exact with the length. It also means that in the unlikely event that the Ultra-Sidewinder gets damaged, any damaged sections can be quickly and easily removed and/or replaced.
You can find out more info (including exact dimensions) on page 4 of our flyer, but to give you an idea the small Ultra-Sidewinder covers a single extension cord (3/8″), the medium Ultra-Sidewinder can cover up to (18) extension cords and the large Ultra-Sidewinder can cover up to (32) extension cords.
2,000 lbs/sq. in for the small, and 260 lbs/sq. in for the medium and large.
Using a series of tabs, the Ultra-Sidewinders will secure cords/cables/hoses in the channel so they will remain covered even if the Ultra-Sidewinder gets moved. Alternatively, if securing cords/cable/hoses is not desired the tabs can be manually removed.
Both the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission warn that rugs should never be used to cover electrical cords because of the potential of the cords overheating and/or igniting.
While using duct tape, gaffers tape and other types of tape is a popular “solution” to covering cords, it is unsightly and leaves a sticky residue that attracts dirt and causes long-lasting and possibly permanent damage to the carpet.
More Info / Downloads
Helps Comply with These Rules & Regulations
- Wiring Design and Protection 29 CFR 1910.304 & 29 CFR 1910.305
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG)
Additional Product Information
Uniform Product Codes (UPCs)
- UPC 808416018004 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1800)
- UPC 808416018011 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1801)
- UPC 808416018202 Ultra-Sidewinder 24-Foot Bulk Box System (Part #1820)
- UPC 808416018028 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1802)
- UPC 808416018035 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1803)
- UPC 808416018042 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1804)
- UPC 808416018059 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1805)
- UPC 808416018066 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1806)
- UPC 808416018073 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1807)
- UPC 808416018301 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1830)
- UPC 808416018318 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1831)
- UPC 808416018325 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1832)
- UPC 808416018332 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1833)
- UPC 808416018400 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1840)
- UPC 808416018417 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1841)
- UPC 808416018424 Ultra-Sidewinder System with Endcaps (Part #1842)
- UPC 808416018431 Ultra-Sidewinder Extension (Part #1843)
- UPC 808416018226 Ultra-Sidewinder Medium Size Ramp (Part #1822)
- UPC 808416018240 Ultra-Sidewinder Large Size Ramp (Part #1824)